Under Florida law, all corporations (INCs) and limited liability companies (LLC’s) must file an annual report with the State of Florida to maintain an active status. Usually, these reports are due by May 1st of each year. However, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the deadline for filing annual reports has been extended to June 30, 2020.
The Annual Report must be filed online at the state’s official website at sunbiz.org. For corporations, the filing fee is $150. For LLC’s, the filing fee is $138.75. If the annual report is not filed by midnight on June 30th, the state will assess a mandatory $400 late fee.
How to File:
- Once you are on sunbiz.org, scroll down past all the notices in red.
- Under the blue tab that says “Filing Services”, click on “Annual Report” (highlighted in yellow).
- Make sure you have your business name, document number and a form of payment.
- Your document number is in the subject line of the email you received from the State, or you can click here to search for it by the name of your business.
- Click on the blue box that says “Click Here To File Your Annual Report”.
If you have any questions about filing your report, you can call us at 800-262-4483 or email us at email@example.com.