It can be challenging to keep up with the Florida requirements on which businesses are required to have workers’ compensation insurance coverage and which business owners are eligible to exempt out of these requirements.
As a service to our members, FUBA has published “Key Coverage Requirements and Exemption Information At-A-Glance.” This handy reference guide explains:
- Which businesses are required to have workers’ compensation insurance under Florida law
- Which business owners are automatically excluded from workers’ compensation
- How business owners in the construction industry can get an exemption from workers’ compensation requirements
- Which businesses are considered “construction” by the State of Florida
- How a construction company can be held liable for paying workers’ compensation on its subcontractors
- How non-construction business owners can get an exemption from workers’ compensation requirements
This guide is a general summary of Florida law and is not intended to give legal advice or replace advice from your local insurance agent.